Pedestrian Accident Attorney in GA
Georgia Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When people walk down the road or cross the street, they expect drivers to be watching out for them. Unfortunately, drivers often fail to notice pedestrians or give them the space they need. The result can be a catastrophic accident and injuries that turn your world upside down. If you have been hit by a negligent motorist, you need to speak with a Georgia pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible.
At Weaver Law Firm, our Georgia pedestrian accident attorneys help people pursue the compensation they need to recover from serious crashes. For over 20 years, our attorneys have been fighting for crash victims in Gainesville, Cumming, Murrayville, and throughout North Georgia. We have the skills and the resources to handle your pedestrian accident case from start to finish. Our team will move quickly to investigate the accident and work closely with your doctors to document your losses. We take the pressure off you by handling the paperwork, discussions, negotiations, and legal legwork of crafting a case.
Don’t wait to get the trusted legal advice you need after a pedestrian accident. Talk with us today. For your free consultation, call us or contact us online now.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Georgia
A serious pedestrian accident injury can drain your energy and leave you in pain. But even during these difficult times, there are steps that you can take to protect your rights.
- Save any evidence you have about your accident. This could include photos, a written account of what happened, witness contact information, a copy of the police report, and any other evidence that could be helpful. Also save any letters or other communication from insurance companies, as well as copies of all your related medical bills and receipts.
- Listen to your doctor and follow through on your treatment plan. Doctors are professionals who work every day to heal their patients. If your doctor gives you instructions or recommends certain care, make sure you listen to them and follow through.
- Keep a journal of your pain and your experiences following an accident. The days, weeks, and months following a wreck can easily blend together as you heal. When you keep a detailed journal of what you’re going through, you can preserve your memories and help you recall how your injuries affect your life on a day-to-day basis.
- Avoid discussions on social media about the accident or your injuries. Social media is built for sharing, but posts could be used to undermine an accident claim.
- Speak with a Georgia pedestrian accident lawyer about your case. An experienced lawyer from our firm can explain what to expect in your case. We will walk you through the process and help you pursue the full compensation you need to recover.
How Our Georgia Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help
Some people think they can handle their own pedestrian accident claim. They do not realize how much a lawyer brings to the table. Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Georgia have in-depth knowledge of how insurance companies work. We have seen them take advantage of accident victims who try to handle claims on their own.
When you trust our firm to handle your claim, our attorneys will:
- Immediately inform all parties involved that we are representing you and will be your advocate from that point on
- Work quickly to gather evidence about the accident and consult with experts to understand what happened
- Work with your doctors to understand your injuries and how you’ve been harmed
- Advise you on all of your options for compensation
- Take the pressure off you by managing all the paperwork, forms, and other claim documents
- Aggressively negotiate on your behalf in any settlement talks with insurance companies
- Fight for maximum compensation at trial, if a settlement cannot be reached
Pursuing Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Victims
Our Georgia pedestrian accident attorneys can help you pursue the resources you need to recover, physically and financially. This may include payment for:
- Medical bills and future care needs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity for the future
Do not let an insurance adjuster tell you how much your case is worth. Their job is to minimize payouts as much as possible. Let our pedestrian accident attorneys fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
How Your Own Insurance Coverage Could Help
When you’re injured as a pedestrian, you may be wondering what insurance applies. While the party who caused the accident is usually responsible, you may need to explore other sources of compensation as well. You may be able to turn to own car insurance policy coverage.
Uninsured motorist / underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) could cover you if those responsible for your crash don’t have the resources. That’s true even if you weren’t using your car at the time of the accident. In Georgia, UM coverage is optional. Our attorneys will review your policy to see whether you have this type of insurance.
Medical payments (or MedPay) coverage is another option that you may have on your auto policy that could provide support after an accident. MedPay can cover key medical expenses related to an accident, even if someone else was at fault. This coverage is also optional in Georgia. Our attorneys will check your policy to see what options you have.
After an accident, it’s crucial that you have an attorney who understands all the possible sources of compensation that could be available to you. Talk to a Georgia pedestrian accident attorney from Weaver Law Firm today to learn how we can help.
Time Limits for Filing a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit in Georgia
You typically have two years from the date of the crash to file a pedestrian accident lawsuit. However, it takes time to investigate a crash, identify all sources of compensation, and document the full extent of your losses. You should always speak with an attorney as soon as possible to protect yourself and your rights after a wreck.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk or intoxicated drivers
- Failing to yield
- Poor visibility
- Failure to notice pedestrians during left-hand turns
- Weather and road conditions
Talk to a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Georgia Now
If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact the dedicated team at Weaver Law Firm today. As a highly respected pedestrian accident law firm serving clients throughout North Georgia, we have the experience and the resources to fight for you. We offer a free consultation about your case, and there are no fees unless we recover money for you.
To learn more about how we can help, get your free consultation. Call us or contact us online now.