Gainesville Car Accident Attorney
Gainesville Car Accident Lawyer
Auto accidents can be life altering. They can damage your vehicle, leave you with overwhelming injuries, and even take away your ability to make a living. The phone calls, paperwork, and stress of pursuing fair compensation for injuries can feel like a monumental task. That’s why you need a skilled Gainesville car accident lawyer on your side.
At Weaver Law Firm, we know what you’re going through because we help Georgia accident victims every day. For more than two decades, our Gainesville car accident attorneys have been securing maximum compensation for people who were hurt in wrecks that were not their fault. Let us fight for you now.
Our attorneys will meet with you for a free consultation to answer your questions and explain what to expect. For your free consultation, call us or contact us online today.
How a Gainesville Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you have been hurt in a crash that wasn’t your fault, do not try to take on the insurance company on your own. Insurance company adjusters and attorneys handle cases like yours every day. They know how to minimize payouts and even deny your claim. You need a skilled car accident lawyer in Gainesville, GA, to fight for what’s right.
Some of the ways that our trusted lawyers can help include:
- Taking care of the calls, paperwork, and discussions with the other side. A Gainesville car accident attorney from Weaver Law Firm can serve as your voice and take care of everything your claim needs.
- Working with experts to understand what happened and how you were harmed. Motor vehicle accidents can be incredibly complicated. It often takes experts to understand what caused the crash and how your injuries will affect you. Our firm has a network of trusted experts who can consult on your case.
- Exploring options for your compensation. After an accident, you need to understand all possible sources of compensation, including coverage under your own policies. An attorney can help by reviewing your options and explaining how you could pursue the full compensation you deserve.
- Negotiating a fair settlement. An experienced car accident lawyer in Gainesville, GA, can help you determine what fair compensation should be and then stand up for you in all negotiations.
- Bringing a car accident lawsuit, if needed. In some cases, accident victims need to bring a court case to argue for the fair compensation they deserve. Our respected trial lawyers will be ready to stand up for you.
Demanding Full Compensation in Your Car Accident Claim
Following a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible for several different types of compensation. You may be entitled to compensation for your:
- Lost wages
- Damage to your future earnings
- Medical bills
- Loss of consortium for a spouse
- Pain and suffering
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Georgia
If you need to bring a lawsuit in Georgia after a car wreck, you’ll typically have two years from the date of the accident to do so. While Georgia law does allow some exceptions to this rule, they’re specific and may or may not apply in your case. After an accident, speak with a Gainesville car accident attorney as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss any important deadlines.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Gainesville, GA
If you’ve been hurt in a car crash, you can protect yourself and your claim even while you’re recovering. Important tips include:
- Write down everything you can think of regarding the accident. Details can be fleeting, and when you’re dealing with injuries, it’s easy to forget important parts of an accident. Write down everything you remember from the crash, even if it seems unimportant.
- Keep a journal during your recovery. When you’re recovering from an accident, it’s easy for the days to blend. By recording how you feel during your recovery, you can support and build your claim. This journal could include information such as how you feel, what medical treatment you’ve had, and how your daily life has changed.
- Save all of the documentation related to your injury. Collect your medical records, medical bills, receipts related to your accident, vehicle repair estimates, pay stubs, accident scene photos, witness contact information, etc. These will all be important to your case.
- Don’t post on social media. After an auto accident, you may be tempted to go online or talk with people about your crash, your injuries, and your life. However, it’s best to stay off social media and keep any discussions about the accident between you and your lawyer.
- Speak with a car accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. The time after an accident can be confusing and exhausting. A lawyer can take the pressure off you. From answering your questions and taking care of the paperwork, to serving as your voice in any discussions with insurance companies, a lawyer can help you from the very beginning of your car accident case.
Car Accident FAQs
We’ve provided answers to a few of the questions we frequently receive about car accidents. We’re happy to answer any other questions you might have in a free consultation.
What if I am partially at fault for my accident?
If you’re less than 50% at fault for the accident, you can still pursue compensation for your injuries. Your compensation may be reduced by the amount you are at fault, though. For example, if you were 25% responsible for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by 25%.
How long will my car accident case take?
Each case is unique and will depend upon the facts. For example, suppose the person responsible admits fault and has adequate insurance to cover an accident. In that case, it may resolve faster than a case where the other driver tries to push the blame on you. A Gainesville car accident attorney can review your case and talk about a potential timeline for what to expect.
How much does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
It costs nothing upfront or out-of-pocket to hire a car accident lawyer in Gainesville, GA. At Weaver Law Firm, our attorneys are paid only if we win and recover money for you. Our pay comes out of any money recovered, meaning that you never have to pay anything out-of-pocket.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Gainesville, GA, Now
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, contact Weaver Law Firm today. For over 20 years, we’ve been helping people throughout the Gainesville area fight for compensation after life-changing accidents. We offer a free consultation to answer your questions, and our attorneys will always communicate directly with you.
After an accident, don’t wait to get the legal advice you need. For your free consultation, call us or contact us online now.